Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Surfing, Mainely


Joachim and I just got to spend a few glorious days surfing along the coast of Maine. Unfortunately, I made the total rookie mistake of leaving my camera SD card at home, so all we had space for in the camera internal memory was a few measly pictures. Hence, just a few shots of me, and none of Joachim (sorry, Joachim!).



The weather was steely, cold, wet. But the waves proved sufficient for beginner surfers, and kept getting better as the weekend progressed. In fact, the wave prediction for Monday was supposed to be 5 stars, an epic rating that doesn't come around too often, due to Tropical Storm Phillipe. Too bad we head back home to life and responsibility! I could have stayed out there for weeks!


It was a great group of people we got to go with, too, which added to the enjoyment of the weekend. We ended up playing Mafia until 2:30am one night. And then I was up the next morning, ready for more surf! So when are we going again??? Oh sigh, I guess winter is upon us, and there'll be no more surfing for me this year... unless.... anyone want to go to Costa Rica???


1 comment:

  1. Hey Em!

    In one of the pictures you remind me of Uncle Pete...

    MoM

    ReplyDelete