Friday, July 1, 2011

The fun things you can see on Glacier's webcams

So, this morning I got up early to hike up to Apgar Lookout, an old fire tower near my house that has 360 degree views of the McDonald Valley. It's 3.6 miles up, but the road to the trailhead is closed due to flooding, so I had to walk/bike an additional 2 miles to get there~ It was quite a rush, because I had to be at work at 1pm. So, in 4 hours, I did a total of 11.2 miles, with an elevation gain of 1,835 feet! Phew!

But, the view was well worth it! Not to mention the fact that I could get a chance to be on one of the park's 8 webcams! The cell phone reception is great up there, so this is me talking to Joachim while waving on the webcam:

If you'd like to check out more of the park webcams, the link is here: http://www.nps.gov/glac/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

I'll try to get to all of them over the summer~~ :)

~Emilie

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely the most impressive picture on the park webcams!

    ReplyDelete