Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Home is where the ♥ is....

J and I are settling into our new home here in Leverett. It's a far cry from Glacier, but what the scenery lacks in grandeur, it makes up for doubly in quaint bucolic charm We live under a dense canopy of oak and maple, down the road from farm stands, a beautiful pond, and the Robert Frost Trail. I even saw a bear last week! Granted, a black bear - but after leaving Glacier I was not expecting to find such wildlife in tame Massachusetts. But maybe wilderness is coming back, reclaiming some of the land it once held. And with that return, I feel also more at home. Home is where the heart is, and my heart is wild...


Wilderness aside, J and I are also enjoying our domestic charms... Here are the two mugs we bought at the Simple Gifts farm festival last weekend. I realize how much I love the character of hand-made pottery. Drinking coffee out of these cups feels like drinking coffee with an old friend. You actually engage in a dialogue with the mug - it speaks, it has quirks.
 The same goes for farm-fresh food, like these pears we picked up at Clarkdale Fruit Farm... each of these pears is a different variety, different taste, texture.... Mmmmm... Lately we've been enjoying cinnamon pear oatmeal for breakfast....

Needless to say, Life is Good...

2 comments: