Monday, June 20, 2011

Today is my first “real” day of work, after three +l weeks of training. Today, I work from 1pm to 9:30pm – a couple hours to work in the office on preparing my presentations and doing research, a couple hours working in the visitor center behind the desk, and then a couple hours roving (walking around meeting people and answering questions) in the campground, then I introduce a Native America Speaks program at the campground, listen to that, maybe stick around and help answer questions, and then finally come home at 9:30.
So a typical week might look something like this:

Monday: 1-9:30 Work in the Visitor Center and Give a Campground Talk in the evening
Tuesday: 7:30 – 4pm Drive up to Logan Pass (90min; Once the snow melts and we can actually get to Logan Pass!!!) and work at the alpine visitor center and give a couple “Goodbye to Glaciers” talks on climate change.. hopefully not have too many people harass me and say that climate change is a hoax
Wednesday & Thursday: My “weekend” DAYS OFF! Whoo hoo! Go and do crazy wilderness exploration and backpacking trips!
Friday: 1pm – 9:30: Work in the visitor center, have dinner, then drive up to the Lake McDonald Lodge and give a power point presentation.
Saturday: 8-4:30: Work the visitor center, have lunch, then go up to Lake McDonald and guide the 1:30pm and 3pm Boat Tours
Sunday: 7:30 – 4pm: Open the visitor center and work there for a while, have lunch, then take a group of visitors out on a guided hike.

And there you have it, a typical week doing the coolest job on the planet. As you can tell, I love my job. Woot!

4 comments:

  1. Milly!! Looks awesome!! Wish I could do one of your tours and pester you about climate change! Hihi, only because I love you and want to challenge you to become a better guide of course, you know...
    <3
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool schedule, Emilie.
    I love that fact that you are SO HAPPY doing it, too:)
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Emilie~
    Will your schedule remain the same as this all summer?
    I'm still trying to get a good idea when to call you!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS ~ Why would anyone argue about glacier changes? Hoax or no hoax, the glaciers are disappearing. Can't argue with fact.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete