Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The rain has returned, unfortunately....

But we're in training from 7:30am to 4:30pm today, so it's not too big of a loss. Just means we can't go sit by the lake to eat lunch and gaze at the majesty of the mountains.

AWESOME NEWS: I have P.O. Box now! So please feel free to send letters, postcards, cookies, or camping gear (hihi):

Emilie Schuler
c/o Sarah Grieb
P.O. Box 82
West Glacier, MT 59912

Training has been really interesting so far. Yesterday, we heard a presentation on climate change by one of the leading climate scientists in the country who just happens to be stationed here in Glacier.


As you can see by this photo pair, the glacier of Glacier National Park are quickly disapearing due to climate change. Out of 150 glaciers that we know exisited in 1910, only 25 are left, and all those are MUCH smaller now. The research being done here on the effects of climate change on alpine ecosystems is fascinating, and I'm excited to continue learning more. In fact, listening to the lecture on climate change made me realize how much I love learning, and school! And it gave me a longing to quickly get back to school and get my masters.... so now I just have to figure out what I really want a masters in....

Anyways, life is awesome~ Thinking about all of you all the time! If you'd like a postcard, please send me your address! Or better yet, send me a letter to my new P.O. Box which is currently (very sadly) empty! :)


Always,


Emilie

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Emilie!

    How is your first week going?
    Myra told me at church yesterday that Renee was born in Montana.
    Wow! That's interesting huh?

    Sophie is great, and full of funny stories about her shi-omma-nim.
    She should write a comic strip!

    Today Cory Christianson from Boston University came over to visit. She's doing a semester abroad and studying Korean here in Seoul. Her mom is the one who baked your welcome home from the hospital cake when you were born. Michelle and David Bartholome arrive tonight, but Sophie is going to walk down to the corner to meet the airport limo so I don't have to do much. It'll be early to bed as usual for me.

    Thinking about you every day!
    Wishing I could be a little bird in the tree outside your window, and follow you around all day^^

    Love and lots of hugs and kisses!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete