Saturday, June 18, 2011

Last Weekend: Part One - St. Mary Lake

As part of training, we had to go and explore St. Mary Lake, so we'd be able to tell visitors about it. What a tough job, huh? Here we are on the trail around the lake, after taking the Little Chief boat to the head of the lake. GORGEOUS!!! I love my job.
This is Virgia Falls, just a couple mile's hike from St. Mary Lake. The photo is a bit blurry because I had water spraying onto me from the falls~!

Me and Caiti in front of St. Mary Falls, which is a "small" waterfall that feeds St. Mary Lake.
So many wildflowes. They told me what this was called, but now I can't remember.
Indian Paitbrush flower!

And here, a sunset view as we leave St. Mary Lake by boat~!








I've been having major problems transfering and uploading photos lately (which you can blame on Apple, for whom I have mulitple expletives that I won't share here)... so, things are going slowly. Tomorrow I'll try and put the second part of the weekend, my backpacking trip into the Belly River Valley.





For now, it's getting dark and I need to bike 2 miles to get home~ So, gotta go~





Sending you all lots of love,





Emilie

1 comment:

  1. Em - I am LOVING your gorgeous pictures!!! I haven't checked in here in a while - thought I had it set up to email me when you posted something new, but apparently not. Gorgeous photos, sorry you're having trouble uploading them. Glad you didn't have any bear encounters. I mean, yeah ... it's nice to SEE them, but ... it looks like you're seeing lots of lovely things. Glad you have a good camera with you. I LOVE the view from your "dining room" (also the description)! Smooches ~ Aunt Dana

    ReplyDelete