Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day One: Departure to the Unknown

"Far away in northwestern Montana,
hidden from view by clustering mountain peaks,
lies an unmapped corner – the Crown of the Continent.
"
George Bird Grinnell (1901)


I'm getting ready to depart for a 100 day journey into the wilderness, the Crown of the Continent, as Grinnell so famously stated. I'm hoping that this journey will not only give me the chance to explore a new part of the country, but also a new part of my soul. Even though I have traveled so much in my life, I have never before traveled alone to an uncharted place without friends or family waiting for me on the other side. So this should be quite an adventure.

I'm also hoping this can be a time for me to reflect on my life so far, especially these last four years of college life and learning, and see where I want to go from here.

I hope you'll join me on this journey through this blog. I'll try to keep you all updated with regular photographs and reflections. I hope you'll also take some time to leave me comments, or send me letters. I'll let you all know my P.O. Box number when I get to Glacier.

Love, love, love,

Emilie

7 comments:

  1. Yeah Emilie, you started a blog! We can't wait to read all about your adventures over the next 100 days. xoxo Anna and Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third!! Wishing you the best this summer Emilie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best from portugal!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodie - that makes me fifth. I always did like that number. Nice blog! Looking forward to joining you on your wondrous journey. Love love love back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read about your adventures, Emilie! You always have such a profound and intuitive understanding of things, and I look forward to reading about your new insights. Safe travels! Love, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Number 7 ~ it took me 3 days to figure out how to choose a profile^^
    Wishing you a wonderful summer Emilie (and a safe one). Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures! MOM

    ReplyDelete